PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE SPOONS

Let’s get cozy with some hot chocolate and chocolate covered spoons that have a holiday sprinkle of crushed Hershey Peppermint Candy Kisses.
Peppermint Chocolate Spoons via Bakers Royale31
You guys know I’m crazy for peppermint. Every year around this time, Igo through this run of peppermint recipes so don’t be surprised that another one is coming this week.
And to be totally honest, the one coming later this week was actually suppose to go up today but bad luck prevents me. The images for that post are stuck on a memory card – forever. I’m not sure how I managed this, but one of the spines on the memory card broke and now I can’t get anything off it.
Peppermint Chocolate Spoons from Bakers Royale21
Since many of you don’t know me personally, let me tell you when I panic I curse. No filter, no volume control-nothing, it’s not attractive. Luckily it doesn’t last long, one sentence, four words and two expletives.  But with this broken card, I’m sure my neighbors heard me shout in horror. I’m sorta screwed. I lost five for-hire projects which pushes me back even further in terms of making my other deadlines.
Ah well, one day at time as MIL always tells me.

PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE  SPOONS

YIELD: Makes 12 spoons

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate
  • 1/4 cup white chocolate
  • 1 teaspoon shortening
  • 8 Hershey's peppermint candy

Directions:

TO MAKE PEPPERMINT SPOONS:

  1. Preparation: Line bake sheet with wax paper.
  2. Place Hershey's Peppermint Candy in a food processor and pulse until finely crushed; set aside.
  3. Place dark chocolate a microwave safe bowl and heat in ten second bursts, removing every ten seconds to stir. Repeat as needed until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a plastic bag and cut a hole in the corner.
  4. Place white chocolate and shortening in microwave safe bowl and heat in ten second bursts, removing every ten seconds to stir. Repeat as needed until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a plastic bag and cut a hole in the corner.
  5. Place spoons on bake sheet with the handle resting on the side of pan to keep the spoons level. Pipe dark chocolate onto spoons (for an even top level off chocolate). Drizzle white chocolate on top and sprinkle with crushed Hershey's Peppermint Candy.



http://www.bakersroyale.com/peppermint-chocolate-spoons-and-hot-chocolate/


EmoticonEmoticon